Preparing for a new baby is both exciting and scary. There are so many things to do that sometimes it become overwhelming. Being that we already have a son who is only 3, we still have a lot of the things that are essential for newborns and babies. All we had to do is get them down from the attic, clean them and set them up for our bundle of joy. Stocking up on dispers
I have listed down below a few things that we absolutely loved that could be beneficial for those of you expecting as well. Let me know if it has helped any of you.
- Crib- fitted sheets, mattress protectors, mobile (while it isn’t completely necessary it is helpful)
- Bassinet- to keep baby close, ours mostly collects dust because baby sleeps with me
- Sound machine
- Co sleeper
- Make sure to have clothes for baby that come in all sizes. While the smaller sizes are adorable your baby will out grow them quickly. Trust me, at 3 months old she is already in 6-9month clothing
- Soft washcloths, towels.
- Lots and lots of burp cloths
- Sleep and play, the ones that zipper make it super easy. They even have ones that zip from the bottom up, super helpful when its time for changes
Toys and such:
- Baby swing
- Pack and play
- Sit me up chair
- Soft blocks, soft toys
Feeding and whatnot:
- Breastpump (most, if not all insurances will cover this) and accessories
- Bottles, we like dr browns but it’s babies preference
- Bottle warmer
This is our preference and what works best for us. We breastfeed most often with occasional bottle of breast milk. It just makes our lifes easier and allows me to do other things like taking a bath. Yes please.
Medicine and diaper changes:
- Childrens tylenol, same thing as infant but you get more for your money
- Diaper cream anything with zinc oxide works like boudreaux butt paste.. but also earth mama nipple cream works wonders
- Hyland teething tabs
- Gripe water
- Gas drops
Always check with your pediatrician. Medications should only be given with doctor approval.
With much love and gratitude ,